⚫ Hotels - Find great deals on hotels in Hunedoara, Romania.
⚫ Attractions - List of the most famous places you must see while being in Hunedoara.
⚫ Eating out - Find the perfect restaurant to dine in Hunedoara.
⚫ Transportation - Find out the best way to get around.
⚫ Hunedoara Hotel Map - Check out the hotel map to browse through your favorite hotels.
Location: Western Romania, Transylvania region
Total area: 97 square kilometers
Elevation: 278 meters
Climate: continental moderate
Total Population: about 57,000 inhabitants
• Hunedoara’s highest peak of population was registered in 1992, when the city hosted about 81,000 inhabitants
• Due to the presence of an industrial park, Hunedoara is an attractive place for investors, that being also the reason for its economic growth in various industries
• Hunedoara is the birthplace of several important Romanian sportsmen like Mircea Lucescu, Ioan Andone, Bogdan Lobont and Mihai Leu
• Definitely the representative touristic attraction in Hunedoara is the impressive Hunyad Castle, known also as Corvin, Corvins’ or Hunedoara Castle
• Hunyad Castle is built in a Gothic-Renaissance style, it was destroyed several times by fire but rebuilt by the authorities and today is for sure Hunedoara’s symbol
• According to Lonely Planet’s website, Corvin Castle is Europe’s most beautiful castle, along with several other amazing monuments around Europe
• Besides Hunyadi Castle, Hunedoara has many other attractions to offer, some of them are Cincis Accumulation Lake, The Peştiş Roman Ruins, Prislop Monastery and the Zoo
• Surrounding the city, Retezat National Park and Sarmizegetusa Regia are two of the most popular attractions for tourists who like outdoor activities and nature life, but also history
• Hunedoara is located at a distance of about 400 kilometers from Bucharest and the closest airports to Hunedoara are Sibiu International Airport and Deva Airport, a smaller one
• The official language in Hunedoara is Romanian but having also minority communities, in the city people also speak German and Hungarian
• The currency in Hunedoara is the Romanian Leu but there are plenty of exchange offices where you can get Lei from your currency
We look forward to the opportunity to assist you in booking your hotel in Hunedoara. Hotels Hunedoara is your online guide for finding the best hotel rates in the city, including for exploring your destination before visiting. Our Hunedoara online guide offers some of the cheapest rates on the internet, including travel tips for what to do and see, how to get around, or where to eat, providing complete travel services for the leisure and business traveler.
Whether visiting for business or pleasure, our easy and secure online booking service will ensure you a pleasant stay in Hunedoara - one of Romania's most historical cities!
Hunedoara is a city in Hunedoara County, Romania, situated in the Cerna Valley near the Poiana Rusca Mountains, within the Carpathian Mountains. Due to its location, it is known as one of the most picturesque cities in the country.
Besides being known as one of the country's most picturesque cities, Hunedoara is also one of Romania's most historical cities, being first mentioned in 1265, as Hungnod.
In the area, where Hunedoara stands today, including near Sain Peter Castle and the surrounding villages, archaeologists found Stone Age tools, fact which suggests that the city has a history that spans on a period, beyond documentary statement. ▸more